Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wow, Where has the time gone.

Well it has been 2 weeks since Bekah got her tonsils out. She is doing great now. We had a rough and rocky few days afterwards, she was in alot of pain and ran a fever a few days but not real high. With some prayers she did recover. I am so thankful.
She turned 6 years old on Wednesday and I am a little broken hearted. Don't get me wrong I am thankful that she is growing up but, this is my baby, my youngest child. I was remember the day she was born. She was so tiny and beautiful. I cried everytime I saw her. She was a surprise child but she has turned into such a blessing. She has taught me alot about patience, not because she is a wild child but because she has been a pretty sick child since she was about 6 months old and she developed RSV. Then a few weeks after she turned 1 she had her first of many seizures, which was very hard for me to have to deal with but Praise the Lord, this coming October, if the Lord sees fit she will be 2 years seizure free. They seem to have stopped since her ear infections have stopped because of having the tubes put in the first time. (They had to replace them when the tonsils came out). I know she is on the mend and will be able to enjoy alot more things now.
I am also very thankful for my other gorgeous children. Elisabeth is growing up into such a beautiful woman. It breaks my heart that my oldest baby will be 15 in July. Old enough to get her learner's permit (OH MY). Christopher is such a doll baby. We took him to Joey's to get his hair cut this evening, he looks even more grown up. He is such a little man for 7 years old.
They all spent the night with my mom and dad Tuesday night, my awesome mommy kept them so I could sleep in. I have not had alot of sleep with Bekah being home last week recovering from her surgery and working nights. Since they are on spring break mom offered to do this to help me out and I am very thankful for that.
Mom and Dad will be celebrating their 40th Wedding Anniversary, May 1. We are throwing them a party on April 30th. I can't wait to see some old friends and family we haven't seen for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment